Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Review: New Baked Goods

Mini Vanilla Scones
Initial reaction: okay. I like the size. It's kind of like eating a tea cookie. The flavor seemed more pronounced than in most scones. The whole scone is covered in frosting, and combined with the miniature size, there is a very high frosting-to-dough ratio.

I must say that I liked the flavor, though not every bite was recognizable as 'vanilla'. One bite almost tasted like anise. (however, the fact that I was drinking an Orange Spice Tazo tea could have contributed to this)

I did overhear one of the workers tell a customer that they were "very sweet". The worker's tone suggested that they were too sweet. But I thought it was fine.

Whole Wheat Multiberry Muffins (not non-fat)
Are these new? I like. They're much much better than the nonfat ones, which were almost inedibly rubbery.

No comments: